Who Can Apply

Crowd of people

You can apply for rent-geared-to income housing if you are 16 years of age or older, and you are a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant or refugee who is legally allowed to live in Canada.

You must have some kind of income to apply for rent-geared-to-income housing, and you must pursue all income that you may be eligible to receive, including Ontario Works (OW), Old Age Security (OAS), Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Employment Insurance (EI), money promised to you under an immigration sponsorship, and child support payments (unless pursuing this income would put your safety at risk).

If you have questions about your eligibility, contact the Housing Access Centre, run by the City of London.