Tenant Insurance

screen capture of HSC Tenant Insurance Program website

Did you know?

If you are a tenant, your belongings are not covered under the landlord's property insurance. If your home is damaged because of fire or flooding, or if your things are stolen, they will not be replaced under the landlord's insurance.

Please protect your belongings; if you are an LMHC tenant, you can buy inexpensive tenant insurance from the HSC Tenant Insurance Program.

If you get social benefits from Ontario Works (OW) or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), the cost of this tenant insurance can be covered under your housing allowance. Please talk to your OW or ODSP caseworker for more information.

We care about our tenants, and always encourage them to buy tenant insurance for their homes, so that their belongings are covered in case of fire, flood or theft.